Operations and Administrative AnalystMexico City, June 2018
Hola<code/> is a 5-month software engineering coding bootcamp education program based in Mexico City focused on providing better job placement opportunities and social mobility to returning migrants to Mexico.
At Hola<code/> we believe that young people have the right to meaningful education, decent work, gender equality and income security. However, since 2005 around 500,000 young people between the ages of 18-35 have returned to Mexico from the United States. It is estimated that around 75% of them are unable to find formal employment. The premise for the next 4 years: + deportations. Those who are able to find jobs are exposed to different forms of abuse, lack of social or income security and unsafe working conditions at alarming rates.They are likely to join the 1.2 million young women and men in Mexico who face the job search every year without support networks and recognition of prior studies.
At the same time the tech and software development sectors in Mexico are experiencing growth at an unprecedented pace. Currently the demand of human capital in the sector has grown above the national supply. In partnership with Hack Reactor, we have designed an immersive people-centred programme, in which we provide technical and soft skills for life. We support students’ path so they can access employment with career-growth opportunities, secure income, social benefits and gender equality in the tech sector. We believe that through dignified employment, young women and men can hack a better future for themselves and their families.
Hola<code/> is looking for an Operations and Administrative Analyst (O&A Analyst). As O&A Analyst you will be responsible for the overall growth and success ofHola<code/>, and own all aspects of its operations. This is an exceptional opportunity at a fast-growing start-up. A successful candidate has superior multitasking, follow-through, and communication skills. The ideal candidate has a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and can work collaboratively to build strong relationships as well as thrive in an autonomous environment.
- Coordinating internal resources and vendors for the flawless execution of operations
- Ensuring that all operations are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop a detailed operations plan and calendar to track progress and performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Help to develop and implement operations systems, processes, standards and documentation, including but not limited to HowTos, Job Descriptions, Expense trackers, etc.
- Event coordinator/facilitator: serve as the point person for regularly scheduled events, requires logistical planning & space accommodation
- Processing domestic & international payments
- Locate and collect pertinent information to prepare the Cash Flow Statement
- Be able to create visual depictions of data, graphs and charts
- Help develop, analyze, and execute budgets, as well as estimate the organization's future needs
- Generate invoices
- Analyze and recommend strategies to increase efficiency of Hola<code/> operations
- Provide status updates to the COO
- Ability to prioritize, critically think through a task, and execute it
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Energetic and willing to work hard to understand all facets of the Cohort
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience with budgets, vendors and contractors
- Intermediate excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- A magnetic personality combined with a positive attitude, collaborative zest, and professionalism
- Attention to detail
- Organized and able to work autonomously on a list of short term and longer term projects
- Communicative and ability to multitask
- Passion for creating positive outcomes in people’s lives through education and dignified employment
- Growth mindset
We are a VERY non-traditional social enterprise, therefore we are not looking for people that makes no mistakes but rather people that are willing to learn...always. As you know, Hola<code/> looks and believes in potential talent! Show us who you are, tell us your story, what inspires you and how you solve problems!
- Use your skills to support access to social mobility for a large underserved community in Mexico.
- Support the first stages of an growing social enterprise in Mexico City.
- Inspiring workplace and motivated international colleagues.
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need.
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact.
- Awesome office location in Mexico City.
- Salary commensurate to experience